All of our services offered follow strict quality assurance protocols to ensure their accuracy and completeness complies with guidelines of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act and the bylaws and regulations set forth by the provincial and territorial professional associations in which we practice.
We are licensed to practice in the following regions:
We offer the following services which are catered to the needs of your project:
Full-Cycle Design & Construction Administration Services
We are involved in the project from initial planning to the end of construction and will integrate with your design & construction team.
- Division 21 – Fire Suppression Systems
- Division 22 – Plumbing Systems
- Division 23 – HVAC Systems
- Division 25 – Controls & Automation
Leave it to us. We can provide Prime Consulting service for mechanically driven projects and pull together a team to complete your project.
- Managing sub-consultants
- Defining project scope of work
- Managing project schedule
- Chair meetings and maintain meeting minutes
- Manage contracts and certificates of payment
- Warranty walkthroughs
Detailed Fire Suppression Design (BCBC Scenario 1)
We can provide full-service fire suppression from scratch or using an existing prescriptive Fire Suppression design (Scenario 2).
- Fire Hydraulic Calculations
- Detailed Fire Sprinkler Layouts to NFPA 13
- Standpipe Systems to NFPA 14
- Fire Pump Systems to NFPA 20
We work together with local contractors to provide a turn-key project including design and construction.
- Public-Private Partnerships (P3 Projects)
If you aren’t sure what is required, let us give you some professional advice to inform you for future project scope.
- Mechanical Condition Assessments
- Pipe Testing & Assessments
- Feasibility & Concept Studies
- Energy Audits
- Indoor Air Quality Testing, Data Logging and Monitoring
Need something drawn up? We can help with that.
- 2D AutoCAD Plans & Sketches
- 3D Revit Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Conversion of hard-copy plans to digital
- 3D Scanning
- Generation of record drawings from redline mark-ups
- Generation of record drawings verified from field review
We can supervise and manage the commissioning of mechanical equipment to ensure a more seamless handover of the building to the end user.
- Third Party Commissioning Agent
- Management of Commissioning Protocols
- Review of Existing system performance and outline areas for improvement
- Outline of Specific Commissioning Requirements
Third Party Review
We can be a part of your team during or after a project to provide engineering checks and professional recommendations.
- Compliance Reviews
- Insurance Claim Reviews
- Remote Field Reviews
If there is something we haven’t listed, it doesn’t mean we can’t do it. Send us an inquiry and we can review your project needs and steer you in the right direction.
Every building is different. Let us take a look and give you some options if you are considering a new mechanical system. We can provide a conceptual report that outlines the best systems for your building, needs, and budget.
Our company is registered with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) for our Organization Quality Management Plan. Every project is reviewed by multiple professionals to ensure the quality and accuracy of our designs are maintained.
Standard of Care
Our company is local to Victoria, BC and our staff live and work in the area. Our designs are well thought through to ensure they correlate with the goals of local communities. You will often find us attending meetings with the community to better understand how our building integrates with the people.
We are continuing to improve the energy performance of mechanical systems that are implemented in buildings to correspond with the progression of the BC Step Code. We believe in continued professional education to ensure we are up to date with Technology and so we ensure the systems adhere to proper thermal comfort and indoor air quality.
Our designs are reviewed for compatibility with the environment to ensure they are optimized for the demands to infrastructure including zero carbon emissions.
Nothing is worse than having a design that is not buildable. Our designers go through an internal process to ensure equipment and materials are available for the job site. A Principal in the company will be involved in each project to provide constructability experience.
The types of projects that we typically undertake includes but is not limited to:
- Transit Facilities
- Universities & Colleges
Healthcare & Critical Environment
- Health & Dental Clinics
- Veterinary Facilities
- ISO Certified Laboratories
- Communications Network Facilities
- Critical Infrastructure
Healthcare & Critical Environment
- Department of National Defense
- Government Office Buildings
- RCMP Detachments
- Police Stations
- Passport Offices
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Strip Malls
- Grocery Stores
- Retail Stores
- Beauty Salons & Tattoo Shops
- Recreation Centers
- Indoor Agriculture
- Breweries & Distilleries
- Farming Structures
- Welding & Machine Shops
- Woodworking & Painting Shops
- Gas Stations
- Truck Bays
- Manufacturing Facilities
Cold Climate Buildings
- Remote Locations
- Reliable & Redundant Systems
- Multiple Fuel Sources (Gas, Oil, Electric Biomass)
- Tanked Services
- Backup Systems
Cold Climate Buildings
- Affordable & Supportive Housing
- Seniors Housing
- Mixed-Use Buildings
- Rental Apartments
- Market Condominiums
m3 Mechanical practices across a wide variety of building types including: Commercial, Multi-family Residential, Light Industrial, Municipal, Government, Health Care and Educational facilities.
Our Process Timeline
Below is a typical outline of how a project progresses from out end. That said we understand that every project is different, and this model may not work for your particular project.
Planning & Investigation
- Feasibility or Concept study
- Preliminary calculations
- Site verification
- Develop high level concepts
- Develop concepts
- Detailed Design Calculations
- Coordinate designs with other disciplines
- Prepare detailed drawings and specifications
- Provide documentation for building permit
- Quality assurance review
Tender & Award
- Respond to Contractor queries.
- Attend site walkthrough
- Review Tender results
- Field Review Services
- Shop Drawing Reviews
- Site Instructions
- Answer design questions
- 1 Year Warranty Review
- System Troubleshooting
- Record Drawing Creation